Thursday, September 16, 2010

Has it really been over six months since my last update?!

Hello family & friends. It is indeed time for another update. An epic fail on my part, as it turns out that I am actually that bad at keeping an up to date blog. Oh well. You will all just have to settle for a part-time blogger.

It has been an amazing year so far. Since March, we have accomplished & done so much. I will break it into sections to make it easier for my brain to concentrate.

Renovations:
We started off at a snails pace, with nothing seemingly getting done at first. This might be due to the fact that the two men involved in this project have but a couple hours once a week to get together. Being that they are both required presences at the pizza shop, that's just how it goes. It was amid my ever so sutle complaining that by late summer they picked up the pace & had nearly completed the basement by August's end. That is where we stand still. I hope to light another fire under...well, you know, & hope to have the bathroom completed by years end. This might be a great feat, but I will let myself ponder the possibility for awhile..

Thomas:
What a busy man. Running the business with Bob, going to school full time while holding a 4.0, renovating, keeping up with chores around the house & spending quality time with his family. Is there anything this man can't do? Clean up his beard shavings off the sink comes to mind...but I'll let it slide.

Myself:
I've been quite busy myself. Seeing lots of new & old friends, helping to shape & grow amazing, God-fearing children, baking, cleaning, organizing, reading ( when I've got time!), & enjoying what I can of a social life. In March, I started watching a little girl a couple times a week named Kaelyn. When that ended, I began watching the Hendrickson kids (five!) once a week for the summer. The Hendricksons, if you do not know, are the family I worked with when I lived in Beaverton. What an amazing family.
I also started a blog about music (www.threesixtyfivedaysofmusic.blogspot.com), which if you know me well, you also know that is my passion next to writing. I had to take a break during the summer to properly enjoy my kids, but I am getting right back at it. I also took a position this last spring in my MOPS group titled Care Coordinator. it is a new position I get to try out. I will be serving mothers & families in need during times of transition & struggle, such as finding willing moms to provide meals, childcare, light housekeeping or conversation after a new baby is born... or sending gift cards to families who have lost their jobs or find themselves in financial struggle. That was something of a run-on sentence! Any who, I am glad to be doing it & to be involved in such a great group.

Taylor (4 years):
This is a changing year for Taylor. Just this week she started up several new activities & transitions. She started preschool at Grace Christian. She goes Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings. She also has started AWANAS ( like youth group for younger children where they enjoy various activities & learn different bible verses.), & may get involved in soccer this year. Later to come in the winter/Spring; Swimming . Her current likes are anything Hello Kitty or Little Mermaid.

Aiden (2 years):
He is growing leaps & bounds. His language skills have expanded so much since my last update. He is in the early stages of potty training & endured his first camping trip this summer. He shall start soccer on Saturday. He loves his family & puppy dogs.

Changes & additions:
In April, we thought it a good idea to purchase a family pet. Instead we got Rufus. The dufus. OK-- their is some love in their somewhere. Rufus is (currently) an eight month old standard poodle. Not to be confused with a miniature fluff ball-- these dogs get BIG. He enjoys attention, barking at cats, sleeping on my couch when were not home, & digging through the trash & spreading it all over the backyard. I enjoy sweeping up after him, picking up his doggy poops, & cleaning up the trash from the backyard. Need I say more?

There will be another new addition in late March as well. We are expecting a new wee one & are very excited. I will be thirteen weeks tomorrow & shall have my first appointment on Monday at the water birthing center in West Salem. Yes-- fun times ahead. Taylor says she would like a baby sister. Then a baby brother for Aiden. I told her God will make those decisions. She wonders if God is done making up his mind yet.

That is all for now. By the time I get around to another update, the baby will be attending preschool themselves. A little humor...I hope.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Bug - I think a baby sister is on the way. And then.. heck , through in twins to round it off! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, how great!! Congrats on the pregnancy, that is awesome :)
    And the dog-- I feel your pain. Nothing like cleaning trash up from the backyard and dog poop :/
    Sounds like you guys are doing great and have full plates! Thanks for the update! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats - I didn't know you were pregnant! (Although I'm not doing MOPs or AWANA anymore.) And I hope Taylor enjoys preschool :)

    ReplyDelete